Emily Garrison:
Men are vile and disgusting creatures. They pump you with enough alcohol to tranquilize an elephant. Then they decide to impregnate you with a crazy and uncontrollable little girl. What do they do when they find they have an offspring? He gives you twenty dollars, wishes you luck, and rides off into the sunset on his Harley.
I can barley remember his name, I think it was Dan, or Darrel. That was the first time I had alcohol. You can’t blame for getting too drunk to walk. Life was hard, I was almost done with high school, we were more than poor, we were flat broke. Then mother and father disowned me.
I gave birth to Jed Garrison on January 29, don’t get me wrong, I do love my daughter. She’s just, so free spirited and is unaware of how hard it is to take care of a child while not married. I had dreams, I was, and still am, going to be, a professional chef.
I’m going to get my own restaurant, I’m going to be a head chef. People will come from all around to see eat in my restaurant. I just have to figure out what to do with Jed during this. She doesn’t have a dad, so I can’t dump her on him.
I began working for a wedding agency. I do the cooking mostly, but ever since they hired the new guy, Jake, I’ve had to be a waitress. I swear on the grave of my grandmother, I will get my place in the kitchen back. Like I said, men are vile and disgusting.
“Jed! What are you doing?” I swear she’s worse than a two year old.
“……nothing….”
“Jed, if you so much as touch my kitchen utensils again there will be no freezy pops for a month!” She has so many freezy pops a day, she practically lives off of them.
“hmmmmm………AHHHHHH!!!!!”
Damn, she probably blew something up again. She always does these “experiments” as she calls them. Last time she lost her eyebrows. They’ve grown back now.
“Jed Cory Garrison, what in the world are you doing?”
“It’s nothing mom! No need to come up!” Oh no, I just know I’m going to be writing apology letters for a week.
“Mom? Um, don’t you have a gig, or, something?”
“no Jed, I leave at-“ I glance at my watch, “ Right now!”
I always do this! I’m so absentminded! I completely forgot the Harold’s wedding! Which I’m serving at! I throw on a white blouse and black slacks.
“Jed where are my shoes? And they aren’t on my feet, I already checked there!”
“Ehhh, Try next to your purse!”
I finally spot them. Throwing on shoes I yell, “Be nice to Mrs.Schuyler! She’s had a rough week, and don’t talk to Mr.Schuyler. I don’t trust him since he stole the gnomes!” All of my garden gnomes disappeared about a week ago. And I just don’t have the time for it lately. Summer is the busiest time for wedding, we have three weddings this weekend. I have to take Jed to the Robertson/Philippi wedding. You don’t know how much that irks me.
Life is too busy for me to keep an eye on that girl. I can’t wait until I get a restaurant. I can just let her seat people and that way everyone can keep an eye or more on her. Oh how can life get more stressful?
“mom! You still have your curlers in!”
Sigh.
4 comments:
Ah! I like the ending. Ahaha. No, that is not sarcasm.
I really like how you learn the background of Emily. Her family, many trying things for the first time, her dreams for her future. It's awesome. Not a lot of people can do that while making it fit in the story. Sometimes it feels rushed or just thrown in there, you know? I think you did a good job on this. :)
Goooooood job.
I really like the ending.
It shows how stressed she is being a single mom.
I like how you learn about the background of her, rather than just a story about her at the wedding.
Good Job! :)
i really like this its really creative and i love the men are vile and discusting lol....awesome really
yay.
I think it fits really well with all of the others in our group.
Post a Comment