Monday, October 8, 2007

55 Awesome Words

Hark! Is that a phone I hear ringing??
It calls to me, perhaps it is the call I have been waiting hours for!
I rush over to the phone
I told him to call me,
He said he would.
God, he's so incredibly hot!
Bubbling with hope I answer.
"Hello?"
"Is your refrigerator running?"
damn.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Funny!!!!
i dont know what to say.
your verbs are well chosen and nouns are okay.
'is YOUR refrigerator running?"
i like how you ended it. .
maybe instead of rush run over to the phone.

Jenna said...

haha, that's really good!
I like the ending, a lot.
I hate when that happens.

Anonymous said...

hehe...heee...heh. you are amazing. there's really no criticism i can give you. and not just because i'm afraid you'll eat my face like mackenzie. she doesn't take criticism well...

Austin said...

haha! i love this! its awesome. its really funny and has a great ending.

Sam said...

i like the prank phone caller, very funny.

Mackenzie said...

I have already expressed my emotions for this story through my laughter and words like "amazing" and "supercalifristalisticexbeealadocious"
I like it how t his poem is so not you in the beginning, because you're all "boo love" but the end it is a total Robyn moment. It starts out with this overly fantasy like setting, and then ends in total humor.

Alisha said...

Hahaha. You built up all the excitement just to finish with a stupid refrigerator. Nice. I love how when you first read this it kind of random and stuff but then when you think about it, there's a conflict and characters even though it's not very elaborate.

Anyway, great job. :)

G.Rosenberger said...

(: and I can see how people can relate. i really liked it.

LindsayB said...

i like your ending a TON. Your verbs are very clear and you obviously took the time to choose perfect ones. :)

mimi said...

This is funny. I think it could be a bit more clear at the beginning.