Monday, October 15, 2007

300

"Capitan! The light is back!"
"Damn, and we can't afford to lose anymore troops, send out orders to break ranks and run for cover. I'd suggest the green forest."
"But captain, it's Tuesday! The deadly noise alien rules over the forest on Tuesdays!"
"You don't think I know that? Follow orders or I'll send you into the light. We've lost enough troops , now pull back into the forest."
The guard left in a rush yelling at the top f his lungs, "To the forest! To the forest, you scumbags, the forest!"
The army broke rank and ran for their lives, they had seen what the white light could do. Anyone caught in it's violent whiteness was burned to nothing more than toast. While toast might be a delicious and nutritious breakfast food, no one wants to be breakfast, no one.
Running and screaming the army was being burned, one by on, or two by two, if they were exceptionally unlucky. The captain watched from the safety of the forest. Yes, it's true, it was Tuesday, and any minute now, the large metallic monster would come sweeping over them. That noisy, loathsome, ruthless, evil machine. It didn't care that it killed so many.They would be to be caught up it's windy death trap or crushed by the enormous wheels. He would risk it, being burned to death was slow and torturous, being sucked up in a quick death was much more appealing. He truly was a good captain.
There were loud sounds, he suspected the giants were arguing again.
~~~~~~~~~
"Timmy, would you quit burning ants with that magnifying glass, and mow the lawn?"
Timmy looked up at his mother, sighed, and placed the magnifying glass on the front porch. For later entertainment.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Favorite line,"While toast might be a delicious and nutritious breakfast food, no one wants to be breakfast, no one." It makes me laugh. I feel that you did a pretty good job demonstrating the captains feelings. What a SURPRISE ending!!!

Alisha said...

At the beginning, I was really confused about what exactly was happening but then towards the end I sort of figured out that it was ants or at least something that wasn't human. I really like how the ants know the schedule of the "light" and the "deadly noise alien." And again, it's confusing in the beginning but you kinda get what you mean once you read more. Really cool twist at the end. I like it. Great job.

mimi said...

This is hilarious. I like the fact that you combined two ideas and made the story into an extension.

Austin said...

haha nice! i like it a lot. while your reading it your trying to figure out what it is that your talking about. i figured it out, but i like it a lot. haha its awesome. you got some spelling errors you need to fix! =]

sarah said...

Holy cannoli I did not see that ending coming. That was soo funny. The beginning is a little crazy but I think its great.I really like the description regarding toast. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

i love love you 300 word story...ants but first it seemed like pirates

Anonymous said...

omg, i TOTALLY called your ending. HAH!!! but really, great stuff. you rox mah sox.