"Capitan! The light is back!"
"Damn, and we can't afford to lose anymore troops, send out orders to break ranks and run for cover. I'd suggest the green forest."
"But captain, it's Tuesday! The deadly noise alien rules over the forest on Tuesdays!"
"You don't think I know that? Follow orders, or I'll send you into the light. We've lost enough troops , now pull back into the forest."
The guard left in a rush yelling at the top f his lungs, "To the forest! To the forest, you scumbags, the forest!"
The army broke rank and ran for their lives; they had seen what the white light could do. Anyone caught in it's violent whiteness was burned to nothing more than toast. While toast might be a delicious and nutritious breakfast food, no one wants to be breakfast, no one.
Running and screaming the army was being burned, one by on, or two by two, if they were exceptionally unlucky. The captain watched from the safety of the forest. Yes, it's true, it was Tuesday, and any minute now, the large metallic monster would come sweeping over them. That noisy, loathsome, ruthless, evil machine. It didn't care that it killed so many.They would be to be caught up it's windy death trap or crushed by the enormous wheels. He would risk it; being burned to death was slow and torturous, being sucked up in a quick death was much more appealing. He truly was a good captain.
There were loud sounds, he suspected the giants were arguing again.
~~~~~~~~~
"Timmy, would you quit burning ants with that magnifying glass, and mow the lawn?"
Timmy looked up at his mother, sighed, and placed the magnifying glass on the front porch. For later entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love how you make it so that you think they are humans. i like the detail, the way you describe it. very well done. :) :) ;);0
i was not expecting the end like that. very good!
Fav line-"Anyone caught in it's violent whiteness was burned to nothing more than toast. " I like your story. I can totally visualize all of these little ants with high pitched squeaky voices running away from a beam of deadly light. There was about 2 typing mistakes, but it was really good.
i love that you make it two different story's and make it in to one...you could go with the boys perspective or the ants and i love how you did both....i can even see the ants running into the grass to get out of the "whiteness"
i love the line "no one wants to be breakfast, no one" but i think i said that for the last one...anyway, you need a title. ask me later if you need ideas i'm tired at the moment.
So...I forgot what I wrote last time and I'm too lazy to go see...
It's quite sad how the ants are choosing which way to die.
And I liked reading this better the first time because I didn't know that it was ants in the very beginning but it's still a nice twist at the end. :)
Great job.
i still really like your story, its very fun to read! you have your own style of writing where its somehwat bizzare, but silly, and at the same time intense, and just all around awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! your a good writer.
Post a Comment